Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Disk backup: how to delete purged files on disk?

2008-10-20 09:10:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Disk backup: how to delete purged files on disk?
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 04:14:13 -0700
Maybe this is an FAQ, but I didn't find the answer...

I am learning how to use bacula to back up to external hard disks.
Everything works beautifully, but I notice that after a volume is purged
or pruned, it gets status "Recycled" and the actual file on disk stays.
That looks like perfect behavior for a tape backup, but for a hard disk
backup, I would like to be able to completely delete the volume from the
database, and also delete the corresponding file on the hard disk so it
no longer takes up space.

I'm using bacula version 2.4.2

Thanks!