Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape is marked as error after restore

2008-10-20 08:56:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape is marked as error after restore
From: Martijn de Munnik <martijn AT youngguns DOT nl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:53:11 +0200

Message: 24
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:24:13 +0100 (BST)
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Cc: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>,
bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Dan Langille wrote:

It has sometimes happened to me also. Maybe it's because the tape is
positioned
different from where Bacula believes it is. Try to change the error
flag to
append and see if it will be accepted by Bacula. I have several
times been able
to cure the problem this way.

I believe this was a known bug in earlier versions of Bacula.

It still happens.

AB
Ok, is it a specific problem with Solaris or VXA2 or just tape drives in general? It seems as quiet a serious bug to me, every time I do a restore the data on my current tape is lost...