Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] tape problems

2008-10-20 09:20:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] tape problems
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Adrian Moisey <adrian AT careerjunction.co DOT za>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:18:47 +0200
Scripsit Adrian Moisey die 20 Oct 2008 14:50:06:

>>> I would like to do that, but during the week I backup to disk.
>>> Can I get this to run only if there is a tape job that ran?
>>
>> Sure. Just add the RunAfterJob line to the Job resource of the tape
>> job, but not to the one of the disk job.
>
> I change between tapes and files on the scheduler, so I only use 1 job
> per client

Ah, sorry for my clouded crystal ball. :-)
Well, it's difficult to design a solution for you without knowing
more about your configuration, but generally speaking I see two
possible avenues:

a. Add information to the script command line about the job that ran,
   via Bacula's "character substitution" mechanism, which allows the
   script to determine whether the job went to tape or to disk.
   "%l" [job level] or "%n" [volume name] look promising. The pool
   name would be perfect, but the manual doesn't list a substitution
   letter for that.)

b. Check the system date within the script to determine whether it's
   a day on which a tape job is scheduled.

HTH
T.

--