Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director doesn't listen on 9101

2008-10-08 12:48:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director doesn't listen on 9101
From: RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <king AT computerking DOT ca>
To: subbustrato <subbustrato AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:43:09 -0600 (MDT)
Computer King & CaN Mail  -  Sales Service Hosting Backup

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

NEW!!! Custom Service Packages
Secure IMAP Email - Automated Remote Backups - Photo Blogs - Online Accounting
Packages

----- "Michele Delcastello" <subbustrato AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> I have install bacula 2.4.2 from source packet on Ubuntu 7.04.

>>From source yikes i hope it was easier for you than the couple of days i had
>>to spend getting 6.06 LTS server to install from source heehee.

> For
> the
> installation i had followed the Debian's guide on wiki section in
> "bacula.org".
>
> bacula-dir, bacula-fd and bacula-sd are in defaulte state (I only
> change
> passwords, the same for all).
>
> Director,Storage and Client are in the same machine and i haven't
> firewalls active.
>
> When i try to connect bconsole to Director, i have this response:
>
> > Unable to connect to Director daemon on 127.0.0.1:9101.
> ERR=Connection
> > refused
> >
> The broblem is that bacula-dir demon doesn't run (checked with
> "netstart
> -tupan") and my question is,WHY??

Have you made any modification to the the conf files?? yet you must change some
stuff there also setup the mysql database? and blah blah blah

Try running /sbin/bacula-dir -d100 -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

This will give u debug and help you determine what is going wrong