Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director doesn't listen on 9101

2008-10-08 13:41:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director doesn't listen on 9101
From: Teodor <mteodor AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "Michele Delcastello" <subbustrato AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 20:38:02 +0300
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Michele Delcastello
<subbustrato AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> I have install bacula 2.4.2 from source packet on Ubuntu 7.04. For the
> installation i had followed the Debian's guide on wiki section in
> "bacula.org".
>
> The broblem is that bacula-dir demon doesn't run (checked with "netstart
> -tupan") and my question is,WHY??

I've had the same problem because at the post-install I've pressed
ENTER when asked for a mysql password for user 'bacula', believing
that a random password will be selected automatically.

######
Please provide a password for bacula-director-mysql to register with
the database server.  If left blank, a random password will be
generated for you.

MySQL application password for bacula-director-mysql:
[BLANK]
  <Ok>    <Cancel>
######

The password is generated, but it is not saved in the bacula-dir.conf
file, thus the bacula-dir will exit because it cannot connect to the
'catalog'. The solution was to reset the password for
'bacula'@'localhost' and add it unde "MyCatalog".

I didn't had the time to send a bug report yet.. maybe you can do it
before me (I'm not using Ubuntu, but I think this is inherited from
Debian).

Note that by default it listens on localhost:9101 and you cannot
connect remotely until you change this.

Cheers

----
Setting up bacula-director-mysql (2.4.2-3.1) ...
dbconfig-common: writing config to
/etc/dbconfig-common/bacula-director-mysql.conf

Creating config file /etc/dbconfig-common/bacula-director-mysql.conf
with new version
granting access to database bacula for bacula@localhost: success.
verifying access for bacula@localhost: success.
creating database bacula: success.
verifying database bacula exists: success.
populating database via sql...  done.
dbconfig-common: flushing administrative password
Processing configuration ...Ok.
Starting Bacula Director: bacula-dir.