Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Director doesn't listen on 9101

2008-10-08 12:38:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director doesn't listen on 9101
From: subbustrato <subbustrato AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:28:38 +0000 (UTC)
I have install bacula 2.4.2 from source packet on Ubuntu 7.04. For the
installation i had followed the Debian's guide on wiki section in
"bacula.org".

bacula-dir, bacula-fd and bacula-sd are in defaulte state (I only change
passwords, the same for all).

Director,Storage and Client are in the same machine and i haven't
firewalls active.

When i try to connect bconsole to Director, i have this response:

 Unable to connect to Director daemon on 127.0.0.1:9101. ERR=Connection
 refused

The broblem is that bacula-dir demon doesn't run (checked with "netstart
-tupan") and my question is,WHY??

(bacula-fd and bacula-sd work correctly)

I hope thet this problem not depend from ubuntu 7.10.

best regards,
subbustrato.