Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Changing backup completely / blanking or relabel tapes quickly

2008-10-06 07:19:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Changing backup completely / blanking or relabel tapes quickly
From: Keith Sudbury <keith-lists AT netzensolutions DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:51:14 +0100
Hi Guys,

Currently we backup every day to tape, we are changing to backup every
thing to NAS each night and then backing the NAS up with Bacula every
Friday.

I am wondering what is the quickest way to blank / relabel a tape. I
have a whole pile of tapes I need to add to Fridays job pool that are
currently in other pools. I was thinking about having 24 friday tapes,
friday1, friday2, friday3 etc and putting them in the pool Friday.

Many Thanks
Keith