Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Auto Label Volumes on Fixed Disk?

2008-10-01 02:57:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Auto Label Volumes on Fixed Disk?
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Grant <grant-bacula AT mytoolbench DOT net>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 02:54:06 -0400
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Grant <grant-bacula AT mytoolbench DOT net>
wrote:
> Let me explain what I'm hoping to do.  I want to use Bacula to backup
> multiple computers to one central server located at the same location.
> I then want to make a second copy on another server offsite.  I would
> make this copy through the internet.  I was hoping to force each job to
> create a new volume and limit it to 2GB making it easier to copy these
> files over to the second server.  Am I going about this the right way?

That should be fine. I would rsync the volume files to the remote.
Please post your complete config files and what version of bacula you
are using.

Here is what I have for the pool a similar config  except I do not
limit jobs and I have 45 day retention on bacula 2.4.2

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 45 days
  Label Format = "Volume-"
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 2G
}