Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: connection to bacula-sd failed

2008-09-29 16:10:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: connection to bacula-sd failed
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:07:30 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] connection to bacula-sd failed
To: slubitz <stefan.lubitz AT mackevision DOT de>

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:44 PM, slubitz <stefan.lubitz AT mackevision DOT de>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I tried to connect to my autochanger inside of bconsole. But it seems to
> fail.
> Here is the code:
>
> BACKUP3:/etc/bacula/scripts# bconsole
> Connecting to Director localhost:9101
> 1000 OK: BACKUP3-dir Version: 2.4.2 (26 July 2008)
> Enter a period to cancel a command.
> *update slots
> Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> Automatically selected Storage: LTO4
> Connecting to Storage daemon LTO4 at BACKUP3:9103 ...
>

> After this, nothings happens
> Can you tell me where I can start to find out what's wrong?
> I am pretty new to bacula and Linux, so ........ maybe I have done something
> completely wrong....
> The btape test is working now. So the system itself it is running.

Is the storage daemon running?

ps -ef | grep bacula

Should show 3 daemons.

Also I see in one place you are using localhost and the other you are
using BACKUP3. You probably should be using BACKUP3 everywhere
assuming your clients can resolve this to the external ip address of
the machine.

John

--
John M. Drescher