Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Data Encryption With Bacula

2008-09-27 10:14:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Data Encryption With Bacula
From: Grant <grant-bacula AT mytoolbench DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 09:10:23 -0500

Grant wrote:
> C M Reinehr wrote:
>
>> On Thu 25 September 2008 02:22, Arno Lehmann wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,

>>> As far as I can see, data encryption was included in version 1.39. The
>>> released version after that would have been 2.0.0 - so you'll have to
>>> upgrade.
>>>
>>> I believe there are some packages for debian available - just don't
>>> ask me which ones those are, or where to find them :-)
>>>
>>> Arno
>>>

>> Grant,
>>
>> Here you go:
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=bacula&searchon=names&section=all&suite=etch-backports
>>
>> or,
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=bacula&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> cmr

> Thank you both for your responses.  I was able to upgrade to version
> 2.4.2 however when I run it now, it says PKI encryption was enabled but
> not compiled into Bacula.  I assume that this problem relates to the
> parameter --with-openssl which is suppose to be supplied when running
> ./configure.  Am I out of luck in terms of using Synaptic Package
> Manager to install Bacula now?

I was able to install it from source and get it to incorporate OpenSSL
however now I can't seem to connect it the director.  I am using the
same conf file as before. The director starts without any error messages
but the console can't connect nor when I telnet to localhost with port
9101, it won't connect.  Any ideas of what may be happening?