Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restore all most recent backed up files without using full backups

2008-09-27 04:23:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] restore all most recent backed up files without using full backups
From: gvm999 <gvm999 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:18:47 +0200
Hi all,

The subject probably sounds strange...
Let me explain:

I found out I accidentally deleted volumes with a full backup.
Or the files are not in the database anymore.

So now I wonder, how can I make bacula restore all the files that have changed since the full backup?
Is it possible that bacula restores without using the full backups, and takes the latest version of a file from the incrementals or differentials?

I know I can't get all files back with this, but at least some part.

Or does losing a full backup means that I have 140GB of volumes which have actually no use?

Please be clear as I am pretty new to bacula.
I hope someone can help.

Greetings and thanks in advance!