Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs (shouldn't be)

2008-09-21 11:23:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs (shouldn't be)
From: Andrea Conti <ac AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:04:04 +0200
> In that case, how can I explicitly enforce 1 Default job at a time?
> Imagine the following scenario:
>
> Default Job
> Client A
> Client B
> Client C
> Priority 20

All job definitions are tied to one (and only one) client, so this will
not work. You can't be running the *same* job on multiple clients, hence
MaxConcurrentJobs in the job resource (which affects only jobs spawned
from this particular resource) has no effect.

If you are backing up to disk I suppose the simplest way would be
writing Default jobs to a separate Storage resource with
MaxConcurrentJobs set to 1.

Or you could just use a single Storage with MaxConcurrentJobs set to 1,
since from your description it seems that you never need to write more
than one job at a time...

Andrea