Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] n00b question, full backup yields incomplete catalog?

2008-09-09 16:56:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] n00b question, full backup yields incomplete catalog?
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:56:04 +0200
Alan Garrison schrieb:
> Well the bacula database is set up for UTF8 instead of SQL_ASCII.
> Poking around the postgres log I see at the time when a job started:
>
> 2008-09-09 09:52:58 EDT ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
> "UTF8": 0x82
> 2008-09-09 09:52:58 EDT HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte
> sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is
> controlled by "client_encoding".
> 2008-09-09 09:52:58 EDT CONTEXT:  COPY batch, line 2213
> 2008-09-09 09:52:58 EDT STATEMENT:  COPY batch FROM STDIN
>
> I'm guessing something isn't getting properly inserted, though I'm not
> sure what.  That's the only character sequence I see for a large job.

And that results in a fail of the whole batch insert and therefor all
information of the job is silently lost. It's more or less a known
problem.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.bacula.devel/12074/

But there was no response to this post on the -devel list...

Ther is also an old bug report:
http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1017

Ralf