Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] n00b question, full backup yields incomplete catalog?

2008-09-09 15:00:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] n00b question, full backup yields incomplete catalog?
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Alan Garrison" <alang AT cronosys DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:59:55 -0400
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Alan Garrison <alang AT cronosys DOT com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm running a Bacula director and a File client on a Samba server,
> and I'm doing full and incremental backups to another machine running a
> Storage daemon (just writing the Volumes to disk).  Both versions are
> source compiled 2.4.2 with a PostgreSQL backend.  I have a few jobs set
> up, one of them is backing up a particular share with ~41 Gig of data,
> with around ~162,000 files.  When a Full runs, I get a nice ~22 Gig
> volume file (gzip compression is on), and a "bls" shows what appears to
> be all the appropriate files.  The problem is is that the PostgreSQL
> catalog only is storing a fraction of the number of file records.
> Running "bat" I only see a small portion of the directory structure in
> the "Version Browser" section.

Not sure of this since I do not use bat at work. It always times out
on operations. I assume 46 clients, 12400 jobs, and 4.7 million files
are too much for it to handle.

> Skimming a pg_dump of the bacula
> database shows nowhere near 162,000 file records.  The job completion
> email does indicate the proper number of files processed, just not the
> Catalog.

I assume that a lot of these files have the same name (not including
the path)? bacula will only save a filename once in the file table of
the catalog

John