Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] n00b question, full backup yields incomplete catalog?

2008-09-09 14:50:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] n00b question, full backup yields incomplete catalog?
From: Alan Garrison <alang AT cronosys DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:44:27 -0400
Hi, I'm running a Bacula director and a File client on a Samba server,
and I'm doing full and incremental backups to another machine running a
Storage daemon (just writing the Volumes to disk).  Both versions are
source compiled 2.4.2 with a PostgreSQL backend.  I have a few jobs set
up, one of them is backing up a particular share with ~41 Gig of data,
with around ~162,000 files.  When a Full runs, I get a nice ~22 Gig
volume file (gzip compression is on), and a "bls" shows what appears to
be all the appropriate files.  The problem is is that the PostgreSQL
catalog only is storing a fraction of the number of file records.
Running "bat" I only see a small portion of the directory structure in
the "Version Browser" section.  Skimming a pg_dump of the bacula
database shows nowhere near 162,000 file records.  The job completion
email does indicate the proper number of files processed, just not the
Catalog.  I tried the
"bscan" utility with the -m and -s switches, but that doesn't seem to do
anything.

Anyone have any idea why the Catalog would only contain some of the
files and directories processed when the Volume file appears to have
everything?