Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual backup

2008-09-03 11:47:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual backup
From: Jorge Cabello <jorge AT aspl DOT es>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:15:00 +0200
Hello,

I haven't look the code and I'm not really skilled in bacula but ...

Isn't this the same situation as a backup in the following conditions:
* 1 Pool for full backups
* 1 Pool for incremental
* No differential backups

In this configuration you must read and write from the full backups pool
when you are doing a full backup. Even further, if the last volume of
this pool isnt full you will try read and write to it having the same
situation.