Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual backup

2008-09-03 08:19:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual backup
From: James Cort <james.cort AT u4eatech DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:17:56 +0100
Kern Sibbald wrote:

> I am not 100% sure what to do to resolve this issue.  I suppose one could run
> a Migration job to "move" the Virtual Backup back to the Pool from which it
> originally came, then the next Virtual Backup would work fine (the same as
> the first one), but that sounds a bit kludgie.

I'm speaking in theory here because I'm not familiar with the code; I'm
just a satisfied user of bacula for a couple of years now.

I'm thinking if immediately you start a virtual backup, you set up a
temporary virtual pool to which you migrate any media in the pool used
for storing virtual backups and migrate them back again when the job
completes.

But then you have to deal with what happens if the director dies or is
killed part-way through a virtual job.

--
James Cort

IT Manager