Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Two installation problems, btape & bacula-fd

2008-08-28 18:14:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Two installation problems, btape & bacula-fd
From: Jonathan Sachs <jhsachs177 AT sbcglobal DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:13:38 -0500
At 09:44 AM 8/17/2008, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

John Drescher wrote:

> The ip address is probably wrong. You need to edit all three .conf
> files before having any hope of getting a running system.

Yep another "debian" like packager issue.

We should tell them that localhost or 127.0.0.1 is not an option for dir,sd,fd ....

I have been away from my computer, but I'm back now, and I'm returning to this problem.

This is probably a dumb newbie question, but if I can't identify my own computer as localhost or as 127.0.0.1, how can I identify it?  I will investigate whether I have a static IP address, but I suspect that I do not.

This situation must be shared by any Bacula client that does not have a static address, even if it is being backed up to a "real" server that does.