Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] One Bacula server with multiple tape libraries

2008-08-28 03:56:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] One Bacula server with multiple tape libraries
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: erwann.pencreach AT ch-chaumont DOT fr, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:55:09 -0400
2008/8/28 Erwann PENCREACH <erwann.pencreach AT ch-chaumont DOT fr>:
> John Drescher a écrit :
>>>
>>> If I well understood in last Bacula release should be possible to define
>>> more than one
>>> multi-drive autochanger into the configuration file, and I hope that I
>>> could execute more
>>> than one backup job at the same time.
>>>
>> Both are possible and easy to do.
>>
> It doesn't work on my conf.
>
> jobs are spooled even if they're not on the same library (TL2000 / PV124T
> plugged on different scsi cards)
>
> is there an option that permit concurrent backups on different drives ?

I am confused at what you are saying here. If you set up concurrency
using the Maximum Concurrent Jobs

http://www.bacula.org/fr/dev-manual/Tips_and_Suggestions.html#SECTION0081818000000000000000

and then get the tapes loaded in more than 1 drive bacula will run
jobs concurrently. If you are trying to run all the backups to only 1
pool this is more difficult because bacula does not like to load media
for the same pool in multiple drives. I do not do this but I know
others on the list have had this work. And finally if you want bacula
to use more than 1 autochanger at a time you have to schedule your
jobs so that some jobs go to each autochanger.

John