Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Need help with blocking factor and speeds

2008-08-15 03:39:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Need help with blocking factor and speeds
From: James Cort <james.cort AT u4eatech DOT com>
To: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:39:09 +0100
Ralf Gross wrote:
> Does anyone get more than 80 MB/s with bacula and LTO-4 drives? That's
> the same limit I'm hitting all the time. It doesn't make any
> difference if I use spooling or get the data direct over the network.
> The limit is always around 80 MB/s.

Funny you should say that, I have an LTO-3 drive and I can't get much
above 60MB/s with bacula 2.2.8 (debian-backports package), regardless of
where the data is coming from or if it's large or small files.  On paper
at least I should be able to beat that.  I'd assumed it was a limitation
imposed by seek time and database overhead.

Perhaps I should test with a few large files and tar...

James.

--
James Cort

IT Manager