Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula to backup vmware images

2008-08-12 10:41:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula to backup vmware images
From: "Lukasz Szybalski" <szybalski AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Ronald Buder" <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:40:31 -0500
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
wrote:
> Hi
>
>>I have some experience with backing up virtual machines snapshot,

In vmware server 1.0x ! Providing scripts would be great!

- How do I create a snopshat via somekind of script?
- How do I put "database into a consistent (sleep) state "
- This will export "  vmdk-files" That get backed up by bacula? Correct?
- Is that all?
- How do I restore the whole vmware in case of system crash?
- DB vmware needs to be shut down correct? (I saw some stop/start
scripts on google, Is there something specific that they need to do?

Lucas

Where was my car manufactured?
http://cars.lucasmanual.com/vin
TurboGears Manual-Howto