Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VSS failure backing up Exchange on Windows Server 2008 64bit

2008-08-04 12:18:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VSS failure backing up Exchange on Windows Server 2008 64bit
From: David Denney <ddenney AT denverartmuseum DOT org>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:18:19 -0600
I have confirmed that VSS works fine for me on Win2K3 64 bit, but it fails
to initialize under Win2k8 64bit. Apparently the API changed? I will try to
setup a 64bit build environment, but I'm not really a windows developer and
don't know anything about VSS client programming.

Hard to believe nobody is trying to backup Win2k8 ...

As for funded research, the Museum is in budget crisis right now, so we'll
just have to wait it out. We are a (USA) 501c3 non-profit, and donations of
programming to us are tax deductible. :)

--
David Denney
Network Technician