Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] * barcode* on Exabyte tapes?

2008-08-03 12:14:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] * barcode* on Exabyte tapes?
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 02:14:02 +1000
I am currently playing with an Exabyte EXB-210 autochanger (2x
EXB-8505Sq drives and a changer) with a view to getting it to work under
bacula*.

ATM, the problem is geting the bacode reader to read tape barcodes.
Currently using a make_tape_barcodes script from off the internet to
roll my own on stick-on envelope address labels

mtx -f /dev/sg8 inventory, then
mtx -f /dev/sg8 status

produces a list of all 13 slots {1x10 + 1(cleaning tape?) & 2 drives}.

Sometimes the listing for a slot/etc ends with "VolumeTag = "
Which I'm guessing meansthat it thinks there is a barcode there but can
not read it.

I have found online a StorageTek document tht suggests tape barcodes
need to laid out as follows;
   * barcode *

and the '*' defines the start and stop (ends) of the barcodes.

Unfortunately, changing the tapes labelsto include this didn't make the
labels readable.

Does anyone have a url on rolling your own tape barcodes?

They do read left to right? (just realised I'd made this assumption)

T.I.A.

* Hey, it might be old, but it came at the right price {:-). Plus das
lighten spitzen unt sparken** which is much better thatn the other four
someone gave me.

** Aps, but its from an old poster circa 70's.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Email: terryc200710 - at - woa.com.au Web: http://www.woa.com.au/terryc