Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula & Fedora 9 (libtermcap obsoleted?)

2008-08-03 12:01:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula & Fedora 9 (libtermcap obsoleted?)
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 19:00:30 +0300
I just installed Fedora 9 system, and built Bacula 2.4.1
binary rpms from source rpm (--define "build_fc9 1).
So far everything went ok, but when trying to install I get

error: Failed dependencies:
        libtermcap is needed by bacula-mysql-2.4.1-1.i386

yum install libtermcap results in:

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package libtermcap available.
Nothing to do

I found this with Google:
'libtermcap' is obsoleted by 'ncurses'.
(http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=189004)

So, the question: is libtermcap really obsolete for Fedora 9,
and if so, how to proceed?
Has anyone installed Bacula into Fedora 9, what is a decent
workaround? Or should I file a bug report?

Regards,
Timo