Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Eject button on drive and mount/unmount

2008-07-10 12:47:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Eject button on drive and mount/unmount
From: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
To: Felix Brack <fb AT ltec DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:47:24 +0100
Felix Brack wrote:
> What do I have to change so bacula will recognize the tape unmount by
> the eject button?

I can think of two possibilities:

1) set Always Open = "no", so Bacula will release the drive at the end of
   every backup. This will make it re-examine the tape in the drive at the
   start of every backup. The disadvantage of this approach is, if you run
   more than one job to the same pool, the tape will be rewound and then
   forwarded to the end of the data at the start of every subsequent job
   to the same tape.

2) use RunAfterJob = "<command>" in the job resource to run a script which
   will pipe an unmount command into the console. With your config this
   should eject the tape. Then you can tell the operators that the tape
   should always be ejected, and if not, raise it as an issue.

I have never tried this, so you may need to experiment to get it to work
satisfactorily ....

Allan