Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Eject button on drive and mount/unmount

2008-07-10 05:10:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Eject button on drive and mount/unmount
From: Felix Brack <fb AT ltec DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:14:07 +0200
Hello,

I have a simple setup with bacula and one AIT drive. The backup strategy
is quite simple as well: one pool with 4 daily tapes and one pool with 5
weekly tapes (for Fridays). The backup is run at 23:30.

To make it as simple as possible for the persons responsible of changing
the tapes I told them to push the eject button of the drive, remove the
'old' tape and then insert the 'new' tape. Note: these people never use
a console to issue mount or unmount commands.

My setting for the device in the storage daemon configuration file are
as follows:

Device {
   Name = SONY-SDX-470V
   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
   Media Type = AIT-1-TURBO
   Always Open = yes
   Volume Poll Interval = 2 minutes
   Removable Media = yes
   Random Access = no
   Requires Mount = no
   Offline On Unmount = yes
   Automatic Mount = yes
}

Now bacula gets confused about the status of the tape drive and
therefore quite often fails to run backups. If I manually issue the
unmount command from the console, then replace the tape and issue a
mount command, bacule works as expected.

What do I have to change so bacula will recognize the tape unmount by
the eject button?

many thanks, Felix