Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] FreeOpenSourceSoftware / FreeLibreOpenSourceSoftware

2008-07-09 11:57:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] FreeOpenSourceSoftware / FreeLibreOpenSourceSoftware
From: "Wm. Stewart" <wstewart AT eseri DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:57:09 -0400
Hi Bacula folks,

I'm the author of the Internet site http://www.livinginternet.com/ with a
lot of input from original creators of the Internet.  I was lucky enough to
get the FreeOpenSourceSoftware and FreeLibreOpenSourceSoftware domains, and
am donating then to the FOSS community.

I have set up a wiki at the domains to provide a home for FOSS, as separate
from Commercial Open Source Software (COSS) with some published code but
closed elements for advanced functionality that potentially leads right
back to proprietary lock-in.  The link to "FOSS Philosophy" starts with a
quote from Adam Smith (!), and describes the clear FOSS / COSS separation I
believe important to help the FOSS brand continue to succeed.

I've seeded the Wiki with starting information, including basic information
on Bacula.  Of course feel free to add.  Please spread the word to let
others know of the launch!  If possible a link to the site somewhere on the
Bacula site would be great.

    http://freeopensourcesoftware.org/

Cheers,
Bill