Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] volumes marked status "Error" in bacula version 2.4.0

2008-07-08 17:26:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] volumes marked status "Error" in bacula version 2.4.0
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:26:44 -0400
I'm not exactly sure where this is coming from, but I'm having a
situation where every few days some tapes get marked with volume status
Error.

An example from a job e-mail when it happens is...
07-Jul 19:34 gyrus-sd JobId 23395: Volume "LTO238L2" previously written,
moving to end of data.
07-Jul 19:34 gyrus-sd JobId 23395: Error: Bacula cannot write on tape
Volume "LTO238L2" because:
The number of files mismatch! Volume=49 Catalog=48
07-Jul 19:34 gyrus-sd JobId 23395: Marking Volume "LTO238L2" in Error in
Catalog.

There's nothing wrong with the tapes.  I believe I can set the files
count to the right number and change the status to Append and things
work properly after that point.  This issue just started after I
upgraded to 2.4.0 I think.

Is anybody else seeing this?