Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bacula 2.4.1b1 waiting for already mounted volume

2008-07-04 07:48:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bacula 2.4.1b1 waiting for already mounted volume
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 13:47:51 +0200
Hi,

use the list, please... unless I'm paid for personal support ;-)

04.07.2008 13:37, Nils Blanck-Wehde wrote:
>   Hi Arno,
>
> after each job, the tape is to be ejected for offsite storage. That's
> why I configured the storage device to be alwaysopen=0. If I get the
> documentation right, this will cause bacula to rewind and unload the
> tape and release the drive.

Hmm... I would do this differently, with a script called in an admin
job or as a "run after job" script with the catalog backup.

> After that I will have to manually (via web-frontend of the library)
> export the tape to the mailslot (mtx doesn't discover the mailslot of
> this library).

Quantum Superloader IIRC... you could try to script this using wget
(in the simpler cases) or webinject, for example.

> Still, I did not entirely get your point. Isn't any tape drive a
> rewinding device with the obvious need for the backup software to
> position the tape correctly?

No. Typical unix tape drivers also offer non-rewinding devices, under
linux /dev/nstX.

The reasons, I believe, are obvious.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann