Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula 2.4.1b1 waiting for already mounted volume

2008-07-03 16:10:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula 2.4.1b1 waiting for already mounted volume
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:10:05 +0200
Hello,

I am stuck with some difficulties with a Quantum Superloader 3 DLT.
Probably bacula is exactly doing what it is supposed to do and I am just
not getting it.
I am quite new to bacula so most likely it's my fault...
I would be very glad if someone would be able and willing to help a
newbie out...

The job-definition is:
Job {
  Name = Test-CatalogBackup-to-tape-every-hour
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = WEFIS_bacula-fd
  FileSet = "Bacula-Server System-Backup FileSet"
  Schedule = "4h-Rotation zum Testen mit Baendern"
  Storage = QS3DLT
  Pool = Weekly_Full_Backup_to_DLT
  Messages = Standard
}
The job runs every hour and uses a Pool of 4 DLT-tapes with a
maximum-job-count of 1 and a preservation time of three hours. This way
the oldest tape gets recycled every time.
Dozens of previous instances of this bacup job went well, whithout any
errors.
After that, I upgraded to 2.4.1b1 and might very well have misconfigured
something.

The storage-definition of the autochanger is:

Autochanger {
  Name = QS3DLT
  Device = DLT-Drive-1
  Changer Command = "/usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg3
}

Device {
  Name = DLT-Drive-1                      #
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = DLT-VS1
  Archive Device = /dev/st0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
}

Bacula started a job that's supposed to be stored on tape, chose exactly
the right volume "CNV762" from the pool, purged and recycled it. The
tape was even loaded correctly from the right slot into the drive.
Here's *list volumes of that pool:
|      28 | CNV762     | Recycle   |       1 |             1 |        0
|       10,800 |
|      29 | CNV763     | Used      |       1 | 3,982,261,248 |        4
|       10,800 |
|      30 | CNV764     | Used      |       1 | 3,545,837,568 |        4
|       10,800 |
|      43 | CNV761     | Used      |       1 | 3,982,841,856 |        4
|        3,600 |
+---------+------------+-----------+---------+---------------+----------+--

Now, the job is waiting for the right volume to be mounted, which is
already in the drive.
The storage-device's status is:

Device status:
Autochanger "QS3DLT" with devices:
   "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/st0)
Device "FileStorage_SATA-RAID1-MD1" (/var/bacula/File-Storage) is not open.
Device "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/st0) open but no Bacula volume is currently
mounted.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "CNV762",
       Pool:        Weekly_Full_Backup_to_DLT
       Media type:  DLT-VS1
    Slot 2 is loaded in drive 0.
    Total Bytes Read=322,560 Blocks Read=5 Bytes/block=64,512
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
Device "DVD Writer" (/dev/hda) is not open.
====

In Use Volume status:
CNV762 on device "DLT-Drive-1" (/dev/st0)
    Reader=0 writers=0 devres=1 volinuse=1

This looks perfectly right to me. Still, the job won't start.

What am I missing?

Thank you a lot for any advice!

Best regards, Nils