Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanging storage.

2008-07-02 16:53:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanging storage.
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 22:52:43 +0200
Hi,

02.07.2008 15:43, Sebastian Petruczynik wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I have the question.
> Whether it will be possible this way to configure bacula, in order to
> after passing of some stated time (for example a month), did store data
> in the different place?
> Example:
>
> My schedule:
> Full Monthly 1st sun at 2:05
> Differential 2nd-5th sun at 2:05
> Incremental Daily mon-sat at 2:05
>
> File Retention = 60 days
> Job Retention = 60 days
> Volume Retention = 60 days
>
> I want to place this backups like this:
>
> 1 - 30 (days) in /mnt/storage/
> 30 - 60 in /mnt/storage2/
> Then purge /mnt/storage/
> 60 - 90 in /mnt/storage
> Then purge /mnt/storage2/
> 90 - 120 in /mnt/storage2/
> ..
> .

So you want to move data to a different location after a specified time?

That sounds like migration to me.

You define different storage devices for each location.

You define several pools, each with its own storage device and
retention period.

You back up to storage.

You select jobs older than 30 days to be migrated to a pool using
storage2.

And so on...

> In my setup, /mnt/storage is a /dev/dm-0 device (Fibre Channel Storage)
>
> What should I do? Am I supposed to use the autochanger?

... or I misunderstood you.

Arno

> I will be very grateful for the short aid.
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian.

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann