Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Autochanging storage.

2008-07-02 09:44:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Autochanging storage.
From: Sebastian Petruczynik <seba AT man.poznan DOT pl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:43:53 +0200
Hello everybody,
I have the question.
Whether it will be possible this way to configure bacula, in order to
after passing of some stated time (for example a month), did store data
in the different place?
Example:

My schedule:
Full Monthly 1st sun at 2:05
Differential 2nd-5th sun at 2:05
Incremental Daily mon-sat at 2:05

File Retention = 60 days
Job Retention = 60 days
Volume Retention = 60 days

I want to place this backups like this:

1 - 30 (days) in /mnt/storage/
30 - 60 in /mnt/storage2/
Then purge /mnt/storage/
60 - 90 in /mnt/storage
Then purge /mnt/storage2/
90 - 120 in /mnt/storage2/
..
.

In my setup, /mnt/storage is a /dev/dm-0 device (Fibre Channel Storage)

What should I do? Am I supposed to use the autochanger?

I will be very grateful for the short aid.

Best regards,
Sebastian.