Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job Definition

2008-07-01 09:12:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job Definition
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:12:00 +0200
Hi,

01.07.2008 13:07, Salvador Climent Bayarri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to define Jobs and FileSets over the console?

No.

Bacula's configuration is entirely kept in the configuration files,
and Bacula itself can can not write those.

> I've been
> searching and I've seen that an user can enable or dissable a Job but
> not create it.

You could create a job that uses a (static or dynamically created)
fileset from the client machine, and even override the client it runs
on from the console.

I don't like users controlling their backups, though. They screw it
up, and you get the blame. No thanks ;-)

Arno

> Thanks.
> Salva.

Arno Lehmann