Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape status full not correct?

2008-06-27 09:11:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape status full not correct?
From: Felix Brack <fb AT ltec DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:15:09 +0200
John Drescher wrote:
>> dmesg reports this:
>>
>> st0: MTSETDRVBUFFER only allowed for root
>>
>> Might this be the root of all evil?
>
> It is possible but I am not sure. I did a quick google search and got
> quite a few hits but the first few did not point to any problems
> caused by this error. They did point to one question though. Does what
> ever user that the bacula-sd runs under have rwx permissions?

I did already google for this MTSETDRVBUFFER 'problem' but it did not
help. Due to some other reason I currently run bacula-sd as user root
and group tape, so this should not be the problem.

What do you mean by 'rwx permissions'? The permissions on the device
(/dev/st0 or /dev/nst0)? If so they are both set to rw-, execution bit
on these files is not set; I think that's correct, isn't it?