Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Find size of file in Job

2008-06-23 16:20:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Find size of file in Job
From: John Jorgensen <jorgnsn AT lcd.uregina DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:19:17 -0600
On Mon 23 June 2008 02:59, Annette Jäkel wrote:
    > That lists the files but not the size of the single
    > files, only the summary. I think James want to see the
    > single size of a file in a job. I'm also interested in
    > but have no idea how to get it from bconsole.

I'm not certain, but I believe the LStat field of the catalog's
File relation encodes the metadata supplied by bacula-fd during
the backup.  If you're willing to look through the source code to
see what the decode_stat() function is doing, or to figure out
how to link to it, I think you could probably get the file size
through the catalog.

(I suspect this is not conveniently built-into bacula because in
principle each client OS might have its own set of metadata, so
the client-specific file daemon turns the metadata into a string
which only it needs to be able to interpret.)

Here's an example lstat from our most recent catalog backup:

 SELECT DISTINCT Path.Path || Filename.Name, File.LStat
 FROM
  (SELECT JobId FROM Job WHERE Job.Job IN
('BackupCatalog.2008-06-23_08.20.12')) AS j
          JOIN JobMedia ON j.JobId = JobMedia.JobId
          JOIN File ON JobMedia.JobId = File.JobId
          JOIN Path ON File.PathId = Path.PathId
          JOIN Filename ON File.FilenameId = Filename.FilenameId

          ?column?          |                               lstat

 /backup/working/bacula.sql | gH BHkAZ IGg B Pq Pq A FOdNBV BAA p2RY BIX7ES
BIX7Nu BIX7Nu A A C
(1 row)