Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Find size of file in Job

2008-06-20 22:50:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Find size of file in Job
From: James Austin <zx_viper_xz AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:49:11 +1000
I have been noticing that my nightly incremental backups have been quite large (>300 meg) when not much data is being changed. I am assuming that this is due to the size of the log files in /var/log.

I was wondering:

1. Using bconsole, how do you get a list of files and their sizes stored in an incremental backup, I can find the list of files using the query command but I cannot find any way for displaying the size of the files.

This is very important as I need to be able to see what is being backed up, and at what cost (transfer/storage).

2. Are there any recommendations for handling the /var/log folder, something along the lines of truncating the files so that only the last 500k, or only the last 100000 lines are copied?

3. Would any of you recommend excluding the /var/log folder?

James.

Hotmail on your mobile. Never miss another e-mail with