Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Unmount, Eject & Email to change tape?

2008-06-18 06:44:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Unmount, Eject & Email to change tape?
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:43:30 +0200
John Drescher schrieb:
The "Offline on unmount" has worked just fine for me for the 4+ years
(and 10652 completed jobs) we have used bacula.

It works fine for regular backup jobs. The problems I encountered
and reported in February were these:

a) If I label a new tape it is ejected after the operation, followed by
a message from Bacula that it couldn't mount the new tape.
b) I cannot relabel a tape while a job is waiting for a tape; when the
the relabel command is sent to the storage daemon, the tape is ejected
and then a message appears "relabel operation failed".

c) The tape is ejected when the storage daemon shuts down, eg. when the
server is rebooted.

HTH
T.

--