Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how dedicate tape for one pool

2008-06-13 09:00:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how dedicate tape for one pool
From: worm75011 <webmaster AT worm-fr DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:58:41 +0200
Arno Lehmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> 13.06.2008 12:04, worm75011 wrote:
>> Tilman Schmidt a écrit :

>>> I think he is talking about tape *drives*.
>
> Good point. :-)
>
>>> HTH
>>> T.
>>

>> => You're right Tilman tape = drive for me sorry
>
> Ok, this is a bit different.
>
> You'd need the two tape drives as storage devices configured for
> Bacula, i.e. do *not* only use the autochanger resource in the DIR config.
>
> Then, set "Storage=" directives in the pool resources.
>
> Or, what I would prefer, let Bacula handle this itself.
>
> If you leave the default setting of "Prefer mounted volume=yes", and
> have jobs using two different pools running in parallel, Bacula should
> use one drive for each set of jobs. In theory :-)
>
> Arno
>
>> thanks for your help
>>
>> philippe

>>> Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
>>> It's the best place to buy or sell services for
>>> just about anything Open Source.
>>> http://sourceforge.net/services/buy/index.php

hi

i have on my bacula-dir.conf :
#                                                                   #
# Fichier de configuration de bacula-director                       #
# Pour  Bacula release 2.2.0 (08 August 2007) -- Debian Lenny       #
#                                                                   #

Director {                            # define myself
   Name = svmasbacu01-dir
   DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
   QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
   PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
   Password = "toto" #Console password
   Messages = Daemon
   #DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
   DirAddress = savesrv
}

JobDefs {
   Name = "DefaultJob"
   Type = Backup
   Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
   Storage = Autochanger
   Messages = Standard
   Pool = Default
   Priority = 10
}

JobDefs {
         Name = "SortieHebdo"
         Type = Backup
         Schedule = "SortieHebdo"
         Storage = Autochanger
         Messages = Standard
         Pool = SortieHebdo
         Priority = 10
}

# Backup the catalog database (after the nightly save)
Job {
   Name = "BackupCatalog"
   Client = svmasbacu01-fd
   JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
   Level = Full
   FileSet="Catalog"
   Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
   # This creates an ASCII copy of the catalog
   RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup bacula bacula"
   # This deletes the copy of the catalog
   RunAfterJob  = "/etc/bacula/scripts/delete_catalog_backup"
   Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/BackupCatalog.bsr"
   Priority = 11                   # run after main backup
#  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
   Prefer Mounted Volumes = no
}

#
# Standard Restore template, to be changed by Console program
#  Only one such job is needed for all Jobs/Clients/Storage ...
#
Job {
   Name = "RestoreFiles"
   Type = Restore
   Client=svmasbacu01-fd
   FileSet="Catalog"
   Storage = File
   Pool = Default
   Messages = Standard
   Where = /tmp/bacula-restores
}

Job {
         Name = "SortieHebdo"
         Client = svmasbacu01-fd
         JobDefs = "SortieHebdo"
         Level = Full
         FileSet="Catalog"
         Schedule = "SortieHebdo"
         RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup bacula
bacula"
         RunAfterJob  = "/etc/bacula/scripts/delete_catalog_backup"
         Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/BackupCatalog_sortiehebdo.bsr"
         Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
         Prefer Mounted Volumes = no
}

# When to do the backups, full backup on first sunday of the month,
#  differential (i.e. incremental since full) every other sunday,
#  and incremental backups other days
Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycle"
   Run = Full sun at 21:05
   Run = Incremental mon-sat at 22:05
}

# This schedule does the catalog. It starts after the WeeklyCycle
Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
   Run = Full sun-sat at 8:15
}

Schedule {
  Name = "SortieHebdo"
  Run = Full sun at 08:00
}

# This is the backup of the catalog
FileSet {
   Name = "Catalog"
   Include {
     Options {
       signature = MD5
     }
     File = /var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql
   }
}

# Client (File Services) to backup
Client {
   Name = svmasbacu01-fd
   Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
   FDPort = 9102
   Catalog = MyCatalog
   Password = "titi"          # password for FileDaemon
   File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
   Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
   #Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
}

# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
   Name = File
   Address = svmasbacu01          # Ne jamais utiliser localhost ici
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "toto"
   Device = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
}

# Definition of the  Autochanger
Storage {
   Name = "Autochanger"
#  Do not use "localhost" here
   Address = svmasbacu01                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "titi"          # password for Storage daemon
   Device = LTO-1                      # must be same as Device in
Storage daemon
   Media Type = LTO3
   Device = LTO-2
   Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
   #Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
}

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
   Name = MyCatalog
   dbname = bacula
   DB Address = "localhost"
   user = bacula
   password = ""
}

# Reasonable message delivery -- send most everything to email address
#  and to the console
Messages {
   Name = Standard
#
# NOTE! If you send to two email or more email addresses, you will need
#  to replace the %r in the from field (-f part) with a single valid

#  email address in both the mailcommand and the operatorcommand.
#  What this does is, it sets the email address that emails would display
#  in the FROM field, which is by default the same email as they're being
#  sent to.  However, if you send email to more than one address, then
#  you'll have to set the FROM address manually, to a single address.
#  for example, a 'no-reply AT mydomain DOT com', is better since that tends to
#  tell (most) people that its :coming from an automated source.

#
   mailcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
\<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
   operatorcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
\<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
   mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
   operator = root@localhost = mount
   console = all, !skipped, !saved
   catalog = all, !skipped, !saved
#
# WARNING! the following will create a file that you must cycle from
#          time to time as it will grow indefinitely. However, it will
#          also keep all your messages if they scroll off the console.
#
   append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
}

#
# Message delivery for daemon messages (no job).
Messages {
   Name = Daemon
   mailcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
\<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula daemon message\" %r"
   mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
   console = all, !skipped, !saved
   append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
}

# Definition du pool
Pool {
   Name = Default
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes              # Bacula peut automatiquement recycler des
volumes
   AutoPrune = yes            # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 15 day  # retention du 2 semaines
   Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
}

Pool {
         Name = SortieHebdo
         Pool Type = Backup
         Recycle = no
         AutoPrune = no
         Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
}

#
# Restricted console used by tray-monitor to get the status of the director
#
Console {
   Name = svmasbacu01-mon
   Password = "toto"
   CommandACL = status, .status
}

#Voici les includes listant les machines clientes.

@/etc/bacula/machines/ditil-sla.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/cim.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/dispos1.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/dispos2.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/it-planet.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/prodis.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/ad.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/ibn1.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/ditil-sla-win.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/scope1.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/scope2.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/scope3.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/scope4.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/scope5.conf
@/etc/bacula/machines/scope6.conf

==============
my bacula-sd.conf

#                                                                   #
# Fichier de configuration de bacula-storage                        #
# Pour  Bacula release 2.2.0 (08 August 2007) -- Debian Lenny       #
#                                                                   #

Storage {                             # definition of myself
   Name = svmasbacu01-sd
   SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
   Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
   SDAddress = svmasbacu01
}

#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#
Director {
   Name = svmasbacu01-dir
   Password = "toto"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the storage daemon
#
Director {
   Name = svmasbacu01-mon
   Password = "toto"
   Monitor = yes
}

#
# Devices supported by this Storage daemon
# To connect, the Director's bacula-dir.conf must have the
#  same Name and MediaType.
#

Device {
   Name = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /tmp
   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   RemovableMedia = no;
   AlwaysOpen = no;
}

#
# An autochanger device with two drives
# definition du robot
Autochanger {
   Name = "Autochanger"
   Device = LTO-1
   Device = LTO-2
   Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
   Changer Device = /dev/changer
}

Device {
   Name = "LTO-1"                      #
   Drive Index = 0
   Media Type = LTO3
   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = no;
   Autochanger = yes
#  #
#  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
#  # Note, apparently on some systems, tapeinfo resets the SCSI controller
#  #  thus if you turn this on, make sure it does not reset your SCSI
#  #  controller.  I have never had any problems, and smartctl does
#  #  not seem to cause such problems.
#  #
   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
#  If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
#  Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}

Device {
   Name = "LTO-2"                      #
   Drive Index = 1
   Media Type = LTO3
   Archive Device = /dev/nst1
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = no;
   AutoChanger = yes
   # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
#  If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
#  Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
    Autoselect = no
}

#
# Send all messages to the Director,
# mount messages also are sent to the email address
#
Messages {
   Name = Standard
   director = svmasbacu01-dir = all
}

=> if i anderstand your anwser i can write :

Pool {
   Name = Default
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes              # Bacula peut automatiquement recycler des
volumes
   AutoPrune = yes            # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 15 day  # retention du 2 semaines
   Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
   Storage = Autochanger
}

Pool {
         Name = SortieHebdo
         Pool Type = Backup
         Recycle = no
         AutoPrune = no
         Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
        Storage = Autochanger
}

but how to make the difference drive to use => i must create 2
autochanger  each with 1 drive?
i have a storage library with 2 drives

thx

philippe