Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] don't get autorecycle volume/pools

2008-06-13 09:12:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] don't get autorecycle volume/pools
From: Matthias Ehrenfeuchter <efeu AT pdtec DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:10:13 +0200
Hi,
so i read a lot of documentation but i don't get it solved -.-
We want to automatically reuse previous used Volumes.
We have 4 pools which are Monthly1 Monthly2 Daily1 and Daily2.
We want to have 2 full backups on Monthly1 and Monthly2. On all other
days we want to have incremental backups on Daily1 and Daily2.
It should do a full backup on Daily1 on first friday at month and a full
backup on 3rd friday at month.
After Monthly2 full-backup is written, it should use Daily2 for
incremental backups untill Monthly1 full-backup is written again (then
use Daily1 for incremental backups again).
I can't solve my probleme, that bacula recycle the previous used
Monthly1/2 Daily1/2 Volumes automatically.

So my problem is the config of the backup times ("Schedule { .. }") and
the reusage (recycle, relabel...) of my Volumes.

I hope there is someone out there who can solve my config problemes.

Best regards