Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] unable to write EOF

2008-06-11 14:50:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] unable to write EOF
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Terry Collins <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:50:00 +0200
In message <484F29A2.3080303 AT woa.com DOT au> you wrote:

> Since this was new hardware to me and I was drowning in a sea of tape
> cleaning lights, I just started labelling (sticky label in case) all the
> tapes that gave that message and have now culled them from my backup cycle.
> In any case, I'd stick a label on any tape with that error to see if it
> is a tape problem.

Actually Bacula is already doing this for you.

Try
         echo -e 'query\n16' | /etc/bacula/bconsole

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God but  to
create him."                                       - Arthur C. Clarke