Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] unable to write EOF

2008-06-11 04:32:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] unable to write EOF
From: Terry Collins <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:25:54 +1000
Mark Nienberg wrote:

> After some SCSI errors two weeks ago, I swapped the SCSI card for a backup.
> Now that
> this new error happened I swapped the cable and terminator, so maybe if this
> is a
> SCSI problem then I will find that it is fixed.  Or could it be something
> else?

Dodgy tapes?
I recently acquired a DLT7000 and a pile of used DLT tapes of various
lengths. About 25% gave that error and were only storing a small amount
compared to comparable lengths. I just figured that they had reached the
end of their reliable life.

Since this was new hardware to me and I was drowning in a sea of tape
cleaning lights, I just started labelling (sticky label in case) all the
tapes that gave that message and have now culled them from my backup cycle.

Check your  pool volume list for tape capacity.

In any case, I'd stick a label on any tape with that error to see if it
is a tape problem.
--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Email: terryc200710 - at - woa.com.au Web: http://www.woa.com.au/terryc