Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SDLT4 Problem

2008-06-04 03:46:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SDLT4 Problem
From: Steffen Knauf <Steffen.Knauf AT renderforce DOT de>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 09:44:04 +0200

> In /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf:
>
>  Do you have "LabelMedia = yes;" in the device section?

Yes i set "LabelMedia = yes;" :

   Device {
   Name = SDLT_MUC                      #
   Device Type = Tape
   Media Type = DLT-S4
   Archive Device = /dev/st0
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
   LabelMedia = yes;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = no;
#  AutoChanger = yes
}

Why the automatic labeling don't work?

I put a blank tape in the DLT-S4 device and got the following error

Error: block.c:995 Read error on
fd=3 at file:blk 0:0 on device "SDLT_MUC" (/dev/st0). ERR=Input/output

After the secound try of mounting the tape, i got the following error:

03-Jun 15:56 c06-dir JobId 36: Created new Volume "Vol_full_lib_MUC0027"
in catalog.
03-Jun 15:56 mastermind-sd JobId 36: Please mount Volume
"Vol_full_lib_MUC0027" or label a new one for:

So i unmount the tape and put in another blank tape.
The result was the last error:

03-Jun 15:59 c06-dir JobId 36: Error: Unable to get Media record for
Volume Vol_full_lib_MUC0027: ERR=sql_get.c:1005 Media record for Volume
"Vol_full_lib_MUC0027" not found.

During this backup job, all other daily backup jobs don't start.
I set "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2" and restart the bacula daemons.

After the this job cancled, the next daily job has the same volume name:
"Vol_full_lib_MUC0027". I think the jobs are getting in the way, because
the daily job freezed.

I'll change the "Archive-Device" to /dev/nst0, repair the database and
try again (thanks @John).

greeets

Steffen