Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] can't get AutoPrune to work

2008-06-03 23:27:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] can't get AutoPrune to work
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: "Chuck Grandgent" <chuck AT chuckg DOT com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:26:57 -0400
On Jun 3, 2008, at 11:18 PM, Chuck Grandgent wrote:

> I have one Volume, on disk, and it's up to 50Gb.
> Not a problem just now, but I want to limit it to say 30Gb.
> I just added "Maximum Volume Bytes", as well as reducing Volume
> Retention, etc., but it is still growing.
> What do I need to do to get it to get the size down ?
>
> currently:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Default
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 3 months
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 30 Gb
> }

A disk Volume itself is never pruned.  It is recycled. That is, the
entire contents
is deleted and it starts again.  In your case, you have a retention
period of three
months.  So, three months from the last job on this Volume, it can be
recycled.

I think you want to enable auto-labeling.  There's a section on that
in the
documentation.  In the short term, use the label command to create a new
volume.

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/