Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with 'label barcodes'

2008-06-03 18:37:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with 'label barcodes'
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: phillipsd AT saic DOT com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 18:36:16 -0400
On Jun 3, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:

> I'm using bacula 2.2.0 on a Solaris 8 system with a Quantum
> Superloader 3.
> I've got the changer seemingly working now, but the label barcodes
> command
> gives the following output:
>
> *label barcodes
> The defined Storage resources are:
>         1: SDLT_320
>         2: Autochanger
> Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
> Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger at polaris:9103 ...
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
> Device "DLT_S4" has 16 slots.
> Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger at polaris:9103 ...
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
> Illegal character "=" in a volume name.
> Invalid Volume name: 1:Full:VolumeTag=AAX799S4
> Illegal character "=" in a volume name.
> Invalid Volume name: 1:Full:VolumeTag=AAX800S4
> Illegal character "=" in a volume name.
> Invalid Volume name: 1:Full:VolumeTag=AAX801S4
> No Volumes found to label, or no barcodes.
>
> Obviously, the changer is sending back a string with more stuff in it
> than just the barcode.
>
> I can load each tape into the drive manually and label them with the
> correct barcode names, but it would be real nice to have the
> command do
> the job automatically as I perceive it was intended.  Suggestions?

Run the tape changer script by hand to see what it returns.  Look for
"Changer Command"
in bacula-sd.conf

The Bacula documentation shows how to test it.

Alternatively, I have stuff here showing how I tested my tape changer:

   http://www.freebsddiary.org/digital-tl891.php

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/