Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] NAT storage server

2008-04-25 08:38:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] NAT storage server
From: tmaleshafske <tmaleshafske AT maleshafske DOT com>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:38:38 -0500
> Do you mean NAS, i.e. some device that offers some sort of network-mountable
> file systems?

That is correct.  It is a LINKSYS NAS storage system password auth is via a
username/password stored on the system

> man mount.cifs (you need samba installed) If authentication happens in an AD
> domain, you'll >probably need to spend some some time with the samba
> documentation.

The primary packages I need to install will be samba client/server, bacula
packages correct? Or are there other packages that I will need such as NTFS
support?  Also what does .cifs stand for and how straight forward do you think
the filestorage dameon config file will be?