Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] slightly annoying bug in the console

2008-04-11 04:08:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] slightly annoying bug in the console
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:08:02 +0200
Ryan Novosielski schrieb:
Tilman Schmidt wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:40:06 +0100, /me wrote:
[...] I'm accessing the first (working) one via ssh with putty
from a Windows PC, the second (line erasing) one on its own X console.
So bconsole is running in different terminal emulations in the two cases:
putty in the working one, gnome-terminal in the non-working one.

After some more testing I am convinced that this is an issue with
gnome-terminal's ANSI emulation. Other terminal programs work fine.

I would not trim quite so much from e-mails in the future... it's
somewhat hard to follow if you've deleted all of the original e-mails
like me.

Sorry about that. Will try to be more careful in the future.

I suspect this is the BS does not destroy input thread. If that is true,
I've noticed this problem on every terminal I've ever used (SSH secure
shell, Linux xterm, Konsole, etc.)

My mail was about the screen display not correctly reflecting the
actual result of line editing (basically because of extraneous line
feeds) so that I have to edit the line blindly. The end result is
correct once I hit Enter. (With one exception: deleting the entire line
and hitting Enter sends the first character of the deleted command
instead of an empty line.)

The issue you are referring to, and which was the original topic of this
thread, is actually a separate one which I have not encountered myself.
I had jumped on the thread because I mistakenly thought it was the same
issue as mine.

I hope that clears it up.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH                               Tel. +49 228 97199 0