BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Error ' getaddrinfo is not a valid Socket macro' after upgrading to 4.1

2017-03-27 23:01:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Error ' getaddrinfo is not a valid Socket macro' after upgrading to 4.1
From: John Barton <jbarton AT sts-llc DOT net>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 01:25:53 +0000

I recently upgraded from BackupPC 3.3.0 to version 4.1. The upgrade process itself seemed to go OK, and I only had to fix a few unquoted items in my config file for BackupPC to successfully restart. Now, however, when I try to run a backup on a client that was working prior to the upgrade, I get the following error in my log, and the backup never attempts to run, nor is there any error in the web interface. Any input is appreciated.

2017-03-27 20:16:17 User admin requested backup of hostname.domain.com (hostname.domain.com)

2017-03-27 20:16:17 hostname.domain.com: getaddrinfo is not a valid Socket macro at /usr/local/BackupPC/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line 1413

John Barton

Specialized Tech Solutions, LLC

Jbarton AT sts-llc DOT net