BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Error ' getaddrinfo is not a valid Socket macro' after upgrading to 4.1

2017-03-28 20:46:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Error ' getaddrinfo is not a valid Socket macro' after upgrading to 4.1
From: John Barton <jbarton AT sts-llc DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 00:30:30 +0000

Here is info from my machine, currently running CentOS 6.8. I was able to resolve the problem by manually installing both ExtUtils-Constant-0.23 and Socket-2.024 by hand, they would not compile with CPAN.

Thanks,

-John

# perl -v

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2009, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the

GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the

Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

# perl -e 'use Socket; print $Socket::VERSION . "\n"'

1.82