BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] After migration to V4, rsync backups not working

2017-03-15 11:59:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] After migration to V4, rsync backups not working
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: ads <ads AT whatho DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:46:37 +0100
Hi,

ads wrote on 2017-03-15 11:46:39 +0000 [[BackupPC-users] After migration to V4,
rsync backups not working]:
> I have migrated from V3 to V4,

how did you do that? By running configure.pl?

> and now my rsync backups are not working. [...] The 3 'Permission denied'
> lines look as if they might be ssh permission problems.

I agree with that conclusion.

Craig recently wrote on [backuppc-devel]:
> The configure.pl script updates the relevant rsync settings in the main
> config.pl file.  In particular, it updates $Conf{RsyncArgs}
> and $Conf{RsyncRestoreArgs} with the 4.0 settings.
>
> $Conf{RsyncSshArgs} is a new 4.0 setting, and $Conf{RsyncClientCmd}
> and $Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} are no longer used.  configure.pl tries to
> extract a sensible default setting for $Conf{RsyncSshArgs} from
> $Conf{RsyncClientCmd}.
>
> The potential problems are that there are per-client overrides for these
> settings (which is not checked by configure.pl), and the computed value for
> $Conf{RsyncSshArgs} isn't correct.

I'm guessing something went wrong. Either you have per-client overrides or
the value of RsyncSshArgs is computed incorrectly. What was your (V3)
RsyncClientCmd, what is your (V4) RsyncSshArgs?

Regards,
Holger