BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] question about backuppc topdir

2016-09-14 06:40:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] question about backuppc topdir
From: Juan Manuel <jmperrote AT policia.rionegro.gov DOT ar>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 07:39:53 -0300
Hello Stefan Peter/Adam before of all regards for you reply.

My problem is that I have 3 disk of 1 TB each, 2 disk are in RAID 1 (mirror
with mdadm) and is near to full, the TopDir is mounting on this RAID via LVM
(PV and LV).
The server is an ordinary PC desktop, so can't put much more disk.

 From the first disk only I use a litle partition (LV) to operating system and
backuppc binaries, the rest of the disk (1 TB) in not used.

My question is: it is posible to mount another space to do backups (like
another TopDir on backuppc) using the rest available of the first disk,
butindependent of the RAID 1 that I have ? because this disk are not in
RAID 1 mirrored, so can I put not critical backups there. Regards. Juan
Manuel.

PD: the other way is to drop all an make a RAID 5 with the 3 disk (1 TB)
and redo all installations.